Benefits of Engine ECU Tuning
Benefits of Engine ECU Tuning
When you want to upgrade and customize your car, engine tuning is often the first place performance aficionados in Santa Rosa, CA turn. You can remap the engine control unit (ECU), add a performance by adjusting how the engine operates—and unlock a whole new world of performance.
Engine tuning can accomplish a number of things, from reducing your emissions to increasing the power. Why settle for factory settings when you can opt for custom tuning? Here are the top reasons that drivers use engine tuning:
- More horsepower: Car manufacturers tend to program engines conservatively for a number of reasons, which range from safety to liability issues. One of the consequences is that your engine is probably more powerful than you realize, and some horsepower is left behind. When you tune your engine chip, you can recapture that lost power.
- Better fuel efficiency: Gas is expensive, so anything that helps improve your fuel efficiency is a boon. You can use engine tuning to ensure better fuel economy, although you should note that you’ll likely sacrifice some horsepower in the process.
- Reduce emissions: Anything we can do to reduce our carbon footprint is a good thing—and engine tuning can help reduce your vehicle’s needs. Your engine relies on a lot of different systems to operate, including fuel injection, timing, the transmission and other important functions. Engine tuning in Santa Rosa, CA allows you to fine-tune those processes to get a much cleaner burn. (However, you may have to switch to more expensive fuel.)
- Tune to cater to your specific needs: Unless you’re regularly road-tripping across America, you probably drive in a limited set of conditions. Your car manufacturer tunes the engine so that it can adapt to a variety of environments, grades and other conditions—the “one size fits all” equivalent for engines. With engine tuning, your vehicle can be tuned to the specific conditions you’re most likely to encounter here on the West Coast.
- Experience at ease: Since tuning can be accomplished by replacing the memory of your ECU (2000+ automotive ECU’s, i.e. reflashing), its all about the software. This is backed by our technicians who have almost 20 years experience tuning automotive ECU’s. FLI hand picks each software manufacture supported for many reasons; the level of reverse engineer to the highest level, software support and overall resolution of the actual ECU map.
- Upgrade for less: Perhaps the best part of engine tuning is the fact that it’s a relatively inexpensive upgrade in the grand scheme of upgrades, especially if you consider what it would take to achieve the same results with mechanical parts, such as a custom exhaust system or an upgraded or new engine. Even when you work with a professional tuning shop like Fine Line Imports, the overall price tag is significantly lower for great results.
Engine tuning in Santa Rosa, CA ensures that you can get exactly the kind of performance and results that you want, and Fine Line Imports is here to help you accomplish your goals. Stop by or call us today to see how we can customize your car. We look forward to assisting you soon.